Friday, August 17, 2012

Delicious, Easy Chocolate Brownies From Scratch

Do you love brownies?

Or maybe a better questions would be, who doesn't?

Now, I have eaten more then my share of brownies over the years and with a few exceptions, I loved them all.

Whenever I get a craving for brownies, I don't reach for the brownie mix - because I don't have any.

Why?

Because I make my delicious, fudgy brownies from scratch with ingredients already in my pantry. 



The original recipe comes from my Jr. High Home Economics class (back in 1979) - so it's old.

Over the years, I have modified it a bit until I think it is just perfect.
They taste better then brownies made from a mix because they have more flavor and don't have the 'oily' taste from vegetable oil since they contain butter instead.

I also love that I can make up a batch on short notice without having to run to the store.

Add you favorite mix-ins such as semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, toffee bits or M&M's to make them even better.

So are you ready?

Here is the recipe:
Click here for a printable version. 

Delicious, Easy Chocolate Brownies From Scratch

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips, or M&M's or toffee bits. 

Directions:

Cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined (don't over-mix).
Add flour, salt and cocoa and mix until just combined.
Pour into greased 13" x 9" pan.
Bake at 300 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.

Enjoy!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to 'sample' some of my recipes. I would love to hear your comments!